• Search for your dream home

    Our tools can help you find the house you've been looking for and our team will help with lending options.

    Find a Home
  • A fresh approach to residential mortgage lending.

    We utilize only the most recent technology and best possible practices to ensure your time working with us is as efficient as possible.

    Get Started
  • Getting your mortgage loan just got easier

    We do all the work so you don't have to.

    Contact Us
  • Your perfect home is only a few clicks away

    Secure the home loan you need now. Use our convenient online loan application.

    Apply Now

Denver County Mortgage Credit Update

Posted on March 15, 2012 by Ray Williams.

The City and County of Denver 2012 Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program is pleased to announce the new program changes.  Not everyone is aware that there is a tax credit out there for first time home buyers. The MCC Program provides an annual federal income tax credit to qualified borrowers. 

For those buying in Denver county the Mortgage Credit rate is going to increase to 30% for 2012!!  The credit in previous years was 20% (since 2009).  This credit means you will receive a tax credit (not a tax deduction) of 30% of the annual interest paid on your mortgage loan! The remaining 70% of mortgage interest is still eligible to be tax deductable. 

• For example with a 30% MCC rate if a homeowner’s annual interest expense is $11,000 the tax credit amount would be $3,300 per year.                                           

The mortgage credit is not only available for Denver County, it is also available to all counties but tax credit rate is 20%.

Take advantage of this tax credit opportunity if you are a first time home buyer or if you know of anyone who is, make sure to ask your lender if they can do the MCC, there are only a handful of lenders who are approved.

Please call or email me at rwilliams@summit-mortgage.com to find out more.

~Ray

303-779-0591 ext. 101

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *