Thinking of Selling Your Home?
Recently the Real Estate news is emphasizing how home purchases are increasing and the market is growing stronger. Does this mean it is the best time to sell? Well, if you put into the equation that home prices are rising, rates are still relatively low and that there are more buyers than sellers, then it looks as the answer is “Yes”.
Your home is one of your biggest investments and you want to know that the work you put into it will optimize the return on your investment. Here are a few economical tips that can help with the sale of your home and could possibly increase the value of your home.
- Repainting– A new coat of paint will give the interior of your home a fresh new look and is an economical option- And don’t forget the front door, this helps with great curb appeal
- Replace doors/hardware– Replacing old doors and updating the door knobs gives rooms a facelift
- The Kitchen– If you don’t have the funds to do a complete remodel of the kitchen, just a few economical retouches can help. Upgrading with new hardware for sink and cabinets. Re-staining or repainting cabinets. Any upgrades in the kitchen are always helpful.
- The Bathroom– Same goes here as the kitchen. Any upgrades you can put in such as upgraded hardware for sink and cabinets, light fixtures, shower, etc. Possibly refinish cabinets, this is all fairly inexpensive and don’t need to hire a professional.
- Replacing old windows– Replacing old windows improves not only the look but also energy-efficiency. If you can’t do all the windows, you will at least want to focus on the most visible windows. (curb appeal)
- Landscaping– Now with the landscaping you don’t want to go overboard. You want to keep it simple and clean, nothing that will look like it takes to much maintenance to keep up, but pretty enough that it helps the curb appeal.
Now if you are still on the fence about selling, because maybe your home needs too much work and these minor retouches would not be enough, then maybe you should consider doing a FHA 203k refinance. Make sure to contact us to find out more details. (This can also be used even if your NOT wanting to sell.)
Listed below are some great articles that were used as resources: